In the most distant reaches of the world, magic still exists, embodied by spirits of the land, of the sky, and of every natural thing. As the great powers of Europe stretch their colonial empires further and further, they will inevitably lay claim to a place where spirits still hold power – and when they do, the land itself will fight back alongside the islanders who live there.
Spirit Island is a cooperative, settler-destruction strategy game designed by R. Eric Reuss and set in an alternate-history world around A.D. 1700. Players become different spirits of the land, each with their own unique elemental powers, forced to defend their island home from colonizing Invaders spreading blight and destruction. Your spirits work with the native islanders to increase your power and drive the invading colonists from your island in this strategic area-control game.
In Spirit Island, players choose between 1-4 spirits to control. The number of spirits determines the size of the island:
Spirit Island is in Early Access, and is planned to include the following:
- 8 different Spirits, each with 4 Powers unique to that Spirit
- Over 50 distinct Major and Minor Powers which Spirits can grow into
- A modular island, made up of 4 modular Boards, for a variety of layouts
- 15 Invader cards, driving a distinctive Invader expansion system
- 15 Fear cards, showing what happens as you terrify the Invader
- 3 multi-tier Adversaries (specific Invaders) for play variety and fine-tuned challenge: England, Brandenburg-Prussia, and Sweden
- 4 optional Scenarios for even more play variety